Welcome to the Institut für Holztechnologie Dresden gemeinnützige GmbH (IHD). As a private, modern and worldwide active research institute and with our practice-related and user-oriented research and development activities, we support the timber processing industry and its relevant areas in their drive for innovation.
- Materials and product development
- Development of wood engineering and processing
- Research into the use of raw materials, wood preservation, modification
- Development of testing methods for product monitoring and quality assurance
- Basic research in the traditional fields of the biology, chemistry and physics of wood
Furthermore, the certifying body of the IHD offers certification of QM systems.
Additionally, our subsidiary, the Entwicklungs- und Prüflabor Holztechnologie GmbH (EPH) provides a wide range of services in the following areas:
- Testing of materials, structural components and furniture
- Wood physics and building physics
- Analytics, health-risk assessment
In its four laboratories, the EPH offers accredited testing, monitoring and certification services as well as the preparation of expert opinions worldwide.